The ear is a dark, warm moist place where bacteria and other germs (some good, some bad) like to grow. These microorganisms can easily contaminate hearing instrument and/or earmold surfaces where they can continue to thrive and grow. Since hearing instruments are designed to reside either completely or partially within the ear canal, it is imperative for hearing instruments to be cleaned and disinfected properly on a daily basis. This may be accomplished by first cleaning surfaces with specially formulated, nonalcoholic disinfectant wipes (i.e. Audiologist’s Choice AudioWipes) followed by the use of the new portable NatureZone UV/Ozone chamber.
The NatureZone Hearing Aid Sanitizer and Deodorizer is a portable, battery operated chamber designed to disinfect, sanitize, and deodorize hearing instrument and earmold surfaces. Equipped with an ultra violet light, once the hearing instruments and/or earmolds are placed in the chamber and the lid is closed, a push button located on the front panel activates a 3 minute UV disinfecting cycle. In addition, the product is equipped with an Ozone Ion Generator that releases an invisible ozone ion cloud which penetrates microorganism cell walls, assisting in the destruction of germ growth while simultaneously neutralizing odors via oxidation. The NatureZone Sanitizer is 99.9% effective in killing a wide range of bacteria, yeast, and mold including Staphylococcus, MRSA, and E. Coli. It is the perfect addition to any hearing instrument wearers’ daily hygiene routine.
To use NatureZone:
- Open the chamber lid first. With the camber lid open, access the battery comportment located on the bottom of the chamber and insert 4 AAA batteries (not included).
- Insert hearing instruments into chamber and close lid.
- Push button on front of case to start three-minute disinfecting cycle. Glowing green LED bulb in front indicates cycle has started.
- After three minutes, the green LED light will stop illuminating, indicating that the cycle is complete. NOTE: devices may stay stored in NatureZone chamber beyond three-minute cycle.
- Open chamber lid and remove disinfected and deodorized hearing instruments.