When your patient with hearing loss tells you “I need a wireless solution that will help me hear my cell phone better“, what solutions come to mind? Certainly, a hearing instrument accompanied with a streamer would be ideal although those of us in the hearing industry are well aware that not every individual with hearing loss will pursue hearing instruments. For the 20% – 25% that do, not every one of these individuals will invest in hearing instruments with streamers. Regardless, an individual with a hearing loss seeking help to converse better while using his or her cell phone, whether a hearing instrument wearer or not, represents an opportunity for audiologists to offer some viable solutions. This is not an exhaustive list but here are at least some potential product solutions for consideration:
FOR HEARING INSTRUMENT WEARERS, WITH OR WITHOUT T-COILS, USING A BLUETOOTH ENABLED CELL PHONE:
1. ClearSounds iConnect A1600BT: an amplified cordless telephone specifically designed to pair with a Bluetooth cell phone, enabling the user to wirelessly route cell phone calls to a traditional amplified telephone. The CS-A1600BT may also be connected to home landline is the user chooses to do so. This is an ideal solution for someone who uses a cell phone mainly at home.
2. HearALL Cell Phone Amplifier: an amplified cordless handset specifically designed to pair with a Bluetooth cell phone. This is an ideal solution for someone who uses their cell phone in a variety of environments (home, car, work, etc.).
3. ClearSounds Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone: a wireless Bluetooth speaker for music, TV listening, and hands-free speaker phone.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS FOR WEARERS OF T-COIL EQUIPPED HEARING INSTRUMENTS USING A BLUETOOTH ENABLED CELL PHONE:
1. Any Bluetooth enabled neckloop such as the Quattro 4.0, the original Quattro, NoiZfree Beetle H-3ST, Artone-3 Loopset, or the Williams Sound Amplified Bluetooth Neckloop. This is an ideal solution for an active cell phone user who uses their cell phone in many different environments.
NON-HEARING INSTRUMENT WEARERS USING A BLUETOOTH ENABLED CELL PHONE:
1. Any Bluetooth headset such as the etyBLU2 Noise-Isolating Bluetooth Headset
As you can see, there are many different Bluetooth options available out there for your hearing aid wearing and non-hearing aid wearing patients who are looking for a solution that will help them converse more effectively when using their cell phone. For more information on any of these products solutions, call Oaktree Products toll-free at 800.347.1960 and ask for customer service. If you prefer email, send your product questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.