As the Marketing & Product Manager at Oaktree Products, one of my responsibilities involves updating the product catalog in preparation for the new year. By now, most of you should have received your 2013 Oaktree Products catalog in the mail; since customers always seem to be interested in finding out what is new, I thought it would be fun to share some of the products showcased on the pages of our catalog. My five favorite are as follows:
- Dry Caddy – This hearing aid dehumidifier from the makers of the Dry & Store does not require any recharging or reactivating. Each Dry-Disc desiccant will capture moisture for 2 months and since 6 desiccants are included with each Dry Caddy, your patients will have an entire year of moisture protection in just one small package!
- Heine Mini 3000 LED Fiber Optic Otoscope – An addition to the Heine Mini 3000 product line, this Mini otoscope offers all of the same excellent features and high quality, but provides LED illumination which is twice as bright as the original Mini 3000 using Xenon halogen bulbs. The best part is that the LED bulb is guaranteed for life! While the cost of the new Mini 3000 LED otoscope is higher, replacing the halogen bulb in the original Mini 3000 just once will essentially cost the same amount as the new LED version.
- Fiber Earvision Universal Probe Tip – Although not new, this product is definitely deserving of a little shout out. A complaint we often receive from customers is that the probe tips on their ear lights constantly crack and need to be replaced. The Fiber Earvision Universal Probe Tip from Nelson Tools is a little more expensive than the standard probe but since the part of the probe tip that attaches to the light is rubber, the tip is virtually unbreakable! The probe tip is also universal and will fit on most ear lights including the Led Lenser, ENT Pocket Light and Otoprobe.
- Mini Heat Gun – A small, lightweight, and easy to use mini heat gun that is perfect for shaping tubing. This gun offers quiet operation, 2 speed/temperature settings and a built-in bracket for tabletop use. The mini heat gun is also fairly inexpensive compared to others on the market.
- Clarity Ensemble Amplified Captioning Touchscreen Phone – This new phone is so cool! Clarity basically took a tablet or iPad type device, added a handset and created an amplified phone with captioning abilities. The Ensemble not only amplifies up to 50dB but features a large, 7 inch color touchscreen that can be completely customized and offers all the fancy bells and whistles standard of every Clarity phone. In addition, the Ensemble has the ability to caption conversations when the phone is connected to a high-speed internet connection via Ethernet or WiFi.
I hope you enjoy the 2013 catalog as much as I do! Happy New Year and Happy Reading!
Alison Dees is the Marketing Product Manager at Oaktree Products, Inc., a multi-line distributor of audiology and hearing-related products based in Saint Louis, Missouri. Alison has been with Oaktree since 2004 and is responsible for management of new and existing products, developing and implementing in-house product training, preparing and delivering corporate product marketing materials, managing exhibit schedules including oversight of all aspects of company representation at exhibits/conferences, and assistance in various marketing/business development projects.